Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First Road/Trail Bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by 59fc, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Hey,

I'm looking at buying a road/trail bike and am not sure what way to go. I've never owned a bike before but have ridden a couple of times.

So far I'm leaning towards a Jap. bike probably a 4 stroke. Has to be a 250 and be road registable. I'd be looking to do most of the maintaince myself so I don't want anything to technical. It doesn't have to be anything flash, just something to get me started that's reliable.

I'm around 5'10" and probably less that 70kg.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. Honda XR250 :)
  3. Welcome to the friendly forum!

I'll leave the technical stuff to someone(s) who know about such beasties; I've ridden a road/trail bike about twice in 30-odd years :grin:
  4. Don't know too much about the 250 road/trail but I'd look at something with electric start such as a DR250

You can play around with sprockets to get you less vibes at higher speeds
  5. Honda XR250 :applause:
  6. Honda XR250, It even comes with an electric start these days, would be my pick if I wanted a 250 road trail.