Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First road bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by jonodk97, Oct 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hey guys, currently been on a 2013 Husqvarna TE 310R for about a year now and looking to make my first step towards a road bike. Looking at getting a Ninja 650 because of affordability and read they are a good commuting bike. Has anyone got one of their own or heard good/bad reviews of them? Also was just wondering opinions on them and a bit of a rookie question, is there really any differences between say the 650L and 650R and stock 650 ABS?

2. I was considering one, but the riding position put me off. Make sure you hop on one before purchasing. They are solid bikes, I don't think there is any appreciable difference between those models. However, note that the MY14 models have a power/torque increase. The pre 14 models put out basically the same power torque as a 500cc honda, but are slightly heavier and being a 650 guzzle more fuel. Hence, I went with a Honda from a logical perspective.

If you are looking at derestricting then go with the Kawaka. Its damn simple and you get really good gains. You can consider the legallities yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Good bike. Get ABS.

• Agree Agree x 2