Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First Ride

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Simoncycle, May 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hi thought I'd say hello, I got my learners 3 weeks ago and just got a bike today. It was beautiful sunny day in Mebourne and I rode it to get a roadworthy and back home again. Even that was such fun. I've been a bit nervous about the first outing but it was great and I wanted to keep going and going but I parked it. Might have a chance to get back on it in a couple of days. Feels like forever

• Like Like x 3
  2. welcome aboard :) congrats on the Ls and the bike :)

What did you get

3. Welcome SimoncycleSimoncycle And congrats on the new bike and licence... let the addiction begin ;)

4. Welcome SimoncycleSimoncycle , certainly was a glorious day for a ride today.
    Enjoy the new freedom.

5. Welcome!
    What did you end up riding home? :)

6. Welcome to the forum mate

7. Welcome SimoncycleSimoncycle , yep there's something special about
    cruising about on a fine, sunny day.

Looks like you know that already!

8. Welcome mate! :cool:

9. gday SimoncycleSimoncycle welcome to NR - congrats on joining the motorcycling community and getting your L's. your confidence will increase as you ride more. see if you can get involved in the learner groups [VIC] - [Sunday] Learners/New Riders

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome...

There's the Saturday practice as well so come around this Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Good job SimoncycleSimoncycle don't stress mate just do some local rides around familiar streets to build your confidence up, you'll be alright.

12. Hi thanks for your encouragement, nice to see your posts now I've logged back in.

I bought a nice old Yamaha SRV 250, goes great and I love riding it. I've been to work and back a few times now, in the wet too! Braved Hoddle Street twice. Tram tracks still doing my head in though, just getting a good road position for a right hand turn and veering right over the tracks in moving traffic in the wet. Any tips there? Maybe I should site a new post about this one?

13.  Top
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Aloha SimoncycleSimoncycle !
    Well done and congrats on getting yourself an expensive hobby... You won't regret it :)

Make sure you post up a showcase item for your beastie with pics.

Practice practice and practice and won't hurt to invest in an extra skills course at some point when you have some more kms experience.
    Good luck!