Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First ride

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Bzammit, Nov 23, 2015.

1. So on the 19th and 20th, I had my pre learners course at Penrith regatta centre and headed over to Penrith rms to do my learners dkt.

It is now the 23rd and I have finally picked up my bike from the dealership.

The ride home was abit scary at first so I had a break to look after my kids and the missus went to work. She got back at 8pm ad I was itching to get back on this iron horse.

I went out for a solid 2 hours and It just blew me away the feeling of the lean and all the power under me. I think I stalled it twice both at sets of lights.
    But I got the hang of the clutch pretty quick after those.

Anyways I just wanted to share my experience, it was a great thrill.

By the way I bought a 2014 Kawasaki er6nl

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Hi BzammitBzammit, welcome to NR and life on two wheels :) Congrats on passing your L's and on getting your first bike, Kawa er6nl is a nice ride! Keep going, stay safe and enjoy your ride. You can only get better from here (y)

3. welcome to Netrider Bzammit....sounds like you are addicted already!:happy:(y)

4. Welcome to NetRider and to the 2Wheels World!

5. Howdy & Welcome to NR!

6. Welcome no NetRider!

7. Welcome along.
    Well done on conquering the first few challenges.
    Many happy and safe kilometres to you.
    Lovely choice of bike, though I'm a little biased.

8. Welcome to black hole in your wallet (for all the right reasons)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Too good mate. Enjoy

10. Congrats on the new bike :)

I see comments like this all the time and I think, 'Oh how cute, they think bikes are expensive...'

Coming from cars, bike expenses are pocket change and a welcome change. I just wish I had been addicted to them first...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. This.

I have a mate who has probably dropped near $100k into a current model Subaru WRX STI... and it's not going yet.

• Like Like x 1
  12. My bike brand new was less than my aftermarket electronic coilover suspension on my Golf, the brakes were half the price of the whole bike... list goes on.

This will be much cheaper!

13. That's a decent set of wheels BzammitBzammit are the 2014's still temporarily de-restrictable like the older ones i wonder?

14. Congratulations thats Great,
    Now you'll have to come come up with lots of good excuses for Needing to go for a ride - to explain to the the missus, and of course the favourites tab for the weather forecast on your computer.

15. Well Done Mate :)

16. Good one. Keep going..........

17. welcome aboard :) congrats on getting your ls and your bike

18. I also was at Penrith on those dates. What time? Your profile pic doesn't ring any bells (unless the facial hair was old?)

Congrats on the bike btw. I can relate to the feeling. I just got a 2014 CB400 and did at least 3 hours riding on the first day. 40 degree heat and crazy traffic on the M2 for the ride home. Had my first close call when a bus pulled out on me too. I guess it's good to get it out of the way early!

Stay safe mate.

19. Congrats Champ,

I am about to do my Pre Learners course next weekend. Any advice on the course? I cant wait to get out and ride around the mountains in my area (South Coast)

20. Well done mate and wishing you a thrilling time on 2 wheels. May your lid never skid!