Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First ride today on upgrade

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by chickibabe, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Hi there everyone, well finally got to ride my new bike. Only to parra, but it was great after the nerves settled.. :grin: It is so different from the zeal. I struggle a little with the steering as it felt alot lighter than the 250. And with the 250 had to rev it out to get anywhere, where on the gs it is alot smoother. :shock: . But once I got onto great western was going for it looked down was sitting on 100ks, :eek: . So basicly almost sh*t myself :LOL: Now the smile is even bigger :grin: :grin:
    Cheers lou

2. Good to hear chickbabe enjoy the roads and keep smiling.
  3. Sooo jealous. Can't wait for my upgrade. Enjoy! :grin: :grin: :grin:
  4. Congrats! It's a good feeling after you conquor your fears of riding your upgrade for the first time! I was sooooo nervous the first time I rode my 675. Had only ever ridden my spada prior to that.

If I see ya 'round, I'll give you a nod! :)
  5. Me too!

Mine is on Monday, and I've organised the day off, but typical of my luck, the forecast is showers :(
    Please don't let it rain on Monday! [-o<

:dance: <--- that's me doing a sundance for the gods :wink:

Nice one Chickbabe! Sounds like you took to it like a duck takes to water! \:D/
  6. Well done!

There is nothing quite like that first big upgrade!

Your new GS500F looks great. I had an GS500E myself and put a cheap fairing kit on it (made it look like a GSXR600), but it was poor quality and vibrated a lot.

Have fun :)
  7. Thanks guy's, well I pick her up tomorrow morning, it is in having it's warranty service done on it, I'll be in there first thing tomorrow morning and I'll be out all day :grin: . On the way in there a cop car was behind me, it was then that I remembered I didn't put my L plate on so the old heart went abit crazy :LOL:. About 4 more weeks and unrestricted fingers crossed. But I do believe that I will enjoy this bike for a long time. :grin: At least hubby hopes so!!!!. Not bad for my birthday present hay.

Thanks guy's
    Cheers Lou
  8. good stuff!
    keep on having fun :grin:
  9. Well done and congrats - nice bike to step up to :)
  10. All the best will the up grade am I reading right it is a gs500. If it is your jaws will be sore from smilling, I know mine are :grin: :grin: