Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

first ride on the new bike

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by hph, Dec 20, 2006.

1. I finally managed to take new bike around the block after picking it up last thursday. All nerves at first but managed to settle down after a few mins :grin:

The vt250c certainly feels a lot different to riding the cb250s at learners :grin:
  2. .. and as long as you keep the attitude of learning something every time you ride, you should go forth and prosper :)
  3. Congrats hph on getting out there. Practice makes perfect.
  4. Well done HPH, thats one ride gone, do more and keep those 3 seconds survival space and always scan your surrounding. Im only been riding for 7 months now, only part time rider, maybe I ride 3 times a week. I talked to myself while I scan, once you do that your subconscious mind will kick start and will do it for you automatically.
  5. All the best HPH. :wink:
  6. First ride in traffic

Had my first ride in traffic this afternoon on hume hwy :) and am feeling a lot more confident now. Couple of quick stops when cars cut in without warning and some ME boys in their fully sick car asking if I wanted to drag :roll: . A few riders went past in the opp direction and gave friendly nods, but I was too busy concentrating to acknowledge sorry :oops: :grin:
  7. congrats hph - i've only ridden on my local highway a couple of times.....scary but great accomplishment.
  8. Well done hph. Keep your 3 second gap, watch the road around you and adjust to to the conditions.
    Enjoy the ride.
  9. congrats hph. keep on practicing, stay safe and enjoy :cool:
  10. well done hth, stay safe :)