Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First ride on my new bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Jo Anne, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Had my very first ride on my new bike today and it was awesome. Being a newbie I had a little trouble with the gears at first but after a little while I got used to them.

There is so much to learn not only how to ride proficiently and safely but also the care of my bike.

Going for a ride again tomorrow - can't wait :bannanabutt::dance:

Sorry Kids.... but it looks like mummy won't be home again for a little while hehehehe.
  2. Glad to see you're enjoying it! :)
  3. hey Jo, thought you would have turned up at prac this morning down next to st kilda marnina, its on every sat morn for learners and the like. Make yourself known down there, alot to learn and lots of help offered too :) enjoy the ride, know what you mean about loving the ride, we all have that sensation. :) enjoy and stay safe!!
  4. It's addictive , like others have said , you will benefit from the Saturday Learners , see you there soon we hope :)
  5. Congrats on your new ride. (y)

Leave a picture of yourself on the kitchen table, that way they'll remember you when you finally come home!
    They always go to the kitchen as they do know where the food is!
  6. Kids need to learn independence. :LOL:
  7. .... always good to see another lady rider join the ranks....:grin:

Yep!! the addiction bites hard!!... enjoy (y)
  8. Yep, you're addicted now, just like the rest of us! Congratulations on your new bike too, what did you get?
  9. It is fun isn't it? Takes your mind off all the worries and concerns I think because you have to focus solely one what's happening on the bike and around you. Very different to driving a car where it is easier to let your mind wonder and not pay enough attention to the road. Be careful though because the probability of accidents is greater in the early days of riding.
  10. A beautiful Red 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r - which I proudly named "The Red Samurai" :D
  11. Thank you -- yes I have noticed the difference - since getting my L's I have been far more observant on car drivers and have increased my respect for bikers on the road.