Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

first really close call!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by csgup1, Oct 26, 2006.

1. this happened oer at monash uni in clayton .

finished uni and warmed me bike up at usual. got out onto the road that leads from one end of the uni to another. its a normal 2 lane road , with a few speed humps.

was in the right lane and came up to a car that was in the left lane. i could see the drivers face so i wasnt in his blind spot either. neways out of nowwhere the D@#$Head decides to change lanes without indicating . and this wasnt a smooth change of lanes either. more like a i'll cut you off roadrage type of lane change. half way into my lane sees me and cuts back into his own lane.
    when he decided to change lanes, my front tyre would have been around his back door (was a mazda 3 i think). i slam on the brakes and my front locks up and steps out throwing me off balance into a violent suverve. somehow manage to catch the bike at the last possible second .
    Dunno if that was the right thing to do but that was all i could manage to do.
    tyres were dead cold too so dunno how much that had to do with it .

all the guy did was raise his right hand and zoom off , while i was trying got keep my bike upright

neways managed to get a look at the driver. have seen him around uni. will have a chat with him next time i see him.