Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

first real ride

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by kungfupigeon, Jan 14, 2010.

1. hopping onto forums now fresh from my first real ride...

my hands are still feeling the vibration of the bike right now.... after mucking around up and down my street to get some practice in... today rode around my neighborhood...

nice cool day as opposed to the last few days in sydney, so wearing my gear didn't feel too uncomfy....

felt awesome! feels like im going crazy fast compared to a car... i love it love it :]

how were your first experiences?
  2. Congrats!!.. =D>

..much like yours!!.. my 1st ride felt just awsome!! :dance: Wishing you happy & safe riding :woot:
  3. Well I was shaking so much beforehand I thought I was going to throw up. I know I went really slow, but it was just sooo fantastic, I've been totally addicted ever since. Hubby went with me for my first ride out and about, he was looking in the rearvision mirror at me all the time waiting for me to fall off.....but I didnt!!!!
  4. lol when riding around... noticed some of the neighbours didn't seem too keen about the noise =D
  5. Thats cool. i just bought a bike today.so i went for a ride just on dusk 21km ride was awesome got home in the dark.i hadnt rode on the road for about 20 years.
  6. Welcome to the forums.:biker: What are you riding?
  7. The first time I rode a Road Bike on the road legally, I rode my friend's Hyosung GT250R around my neighborhood, Baysie North. It was flippin' awesome.

It was pretty funny, in Bayswater North, the primary school is in the center of the neighborhood, and when I rode past the kids ran up to the fence to see the bike, just as we used to do when I went there and the postie rode past and we wanted rubber-bands.

The first real ride around your suburb is always one of the best rides IMO.

Good stuff mate! What bike you riding?
  8. im riding a Suzuki GSX250F, more commonly known as the handbag, manbag(?) around here? just did my first night ride now... i wonder if u wake up neighbours with a machine like this
  9. Oh yeah I remember I saw your thread before. Good bike.

As for waking neighbors, who cares. If they don't like being woken, they shouldn't be sleeping while you're riding. :D