Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First REAL ride today!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by panza83, Mar 28, 2009.

1. So, i have had my L's for a couple of weeks now, and the longest i have been on the bike was about 30 mins. Today, i decided to go for a decent ride all up and down the North Shore! The first time solo on major roads (without my experienced rider girlfriend behind me).

So, off i went! For a good 2 or so hours, i was totally free.... Buffering beautifully, being mindful of all my road craft, keeping to the speed limits (rather than going slower, as i have been doing). The only fcuk up i really had was stalling 6 times in succession on a set of lights.... Only to realise after i eventually got her going, that i was in THIRD gear..... Even my V twin engine culdnt manage that :p

So yeah, im Fkn wrapped.

Peace.

2. oh dear lol, yes you learn very quickly to kick it all the way down 1st when stopping at the lights.. more then once did i attempt a steep tassie hill start whilst starting in 2nd on the old across :oops:

3. lolol should be the other way round m8, i wouldnt tell to many people that, oh u just did :grin:

4. What can i say, I'm open minded :wink:

5. I couldn't get off my bike when I get got it (even the postie!)

Seems I'm the more experienced rider when my mate and I go for a few hours cruise though, bloody wannabe tractor riders!