Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First Proper Job

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 2ndclasscitizen, Jun 6, 2007.

1. I got my first, proper, full-time job!!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: I managed to score a job at Southern Cross here in Canberra, working as a trainee in the Presentation department, controlling the broadcast. It's my foot in the TV industry door and I'm f'in stoked!!! I've heard that's a pretty good job and pays well, which is awesome (I'll finally be able to afford a new bike :p)

2. finally a new bike, time to hire one of stay up rights and get dem P's mitch, by the time you go to get a bike you might be off restrictions :LOL:
  3. Awesome citizen! Good luck with it aye. Its always great to get a fulltime job with something that you love doing, not like some people who end up working fulltime at maccas :p :cool:

I went fulltime with my karate club for a while to see what it was like. I liked it, but the pay depends on how many people you can sign up, I was getting better at it but i had(still do) debts to pay so ive gone back to tiling :p which i also enjoyed.
  4. Yeah, I've been meaning to go do that for a while, finally got a good reason to now :p
  5. Nice work! When you start there, can you get them to pull that f#cken cr@p ad for Southern Cross Ten with that d!ckhead delivery guy!
  6. Love that ad!!!!!

Although I've only seen it once when on hols in Bowral, otherwise it's good old 'normal ten' for me.

Congrats on the job by the way dude. Gotta start somewhere eh??
  7. Try watching it a thowsand times! Then you'll want to smash his face in and the creators of that ad! :furious:
  8. Gratz mate. A full time job that you enjoy is a wonderful thing, something that becomes a part of your identity is much more rewarding than just a paycheque.
  9. Well done, now Knuckle down work hard and save your bucks for a new bike
  10. congrats......