Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First post

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Bradwa, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Hi everyone
    My name is Brad, I'm 28 and i live in Melbourne.
    I've been riding bikes for just over two years now, primarily for commuting, so rain hail or shine I'm on my bike (did I say I live in Melbourne?)

I have a few mates who ride bikes but they are never free on the weekends for a cruise or they have lost their liscence. I do a bit of solo touring, but everyone I talk to says there is nothing like riding with a group. So I am looking forward to some Thursday night mystery rides.

Enough about me.

My bike is a Honda VFR800 VTec 2011. White/Black. I love the colour and the V4 engine. It is great on the freeway but not so happy in the traffic. Currently stock with a Ventura pack rack for commuting. I am think of putting a Staintune Pipe on it when it goes in for it's 12K km service (that is 3000km/ 8 weeks away).
    Do I need to do anything else like put a PowerCommander on or tune it to suit the new pipe? I fell in love with the VFR sound when one passed me in my earlier days of riding my first bike a GPX. That's another love story for another post.

Happy riding

2. #2 kma_jg, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Welcome. Hope to see you on a ride someday.
  3. welcome Brad, nice bike the Viffer's and I unerstand about the 'sound' they make with staytunes on them. I got a cb900f with a commander on it but I bought it that way so cant reallly comment as I havent and dont know how to 'fiddle' with it. I'm sure you;ll get response from the more technically minded folk on here tho, so hang in there.
  4. Welcome to NR. (y)
  5. Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to the weekend, gonna be a warm one in Melbourne
  6. Welcome aboard.
  7. Hi Brad and welcome to NR