Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First post / question - commute from Rosebud to Hawthorn

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by richard_fry, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Hi everyone,

Been lurking a while and reading lots with interest.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of commuting from the Rosebud area into Hawthorn, Melbourne for a daily commute - will be an all weather commute
    Google suggests just over an hour each way. Anyone have any highs and lows, or any gnarly stories, real journey times?

Thanks in advance,

2. Peninsula link, Monash freeway or peninsula freeway moorooduc road peninsula link or if you have time nepean highway, mornington esplanad nepean highway.
    LEave EARLY
  3. Welcome to NR Rich!.. That's a nice ride, popular with the weekend riders.. There are a few routes from Rosebud to Melbourne, the M1 has a toll though but would have the least amount of lights.. What time of the day would you be riding? Peak mornings etc
  4. Welcome to NR...

Monash all the way is the best option but its not known to be flowing in the mornings...

So depends what time you leave home/work.

Also depending on the location within hawthorn, you could use either Monash or Eastern.
  5. Thanks Guys,
    I posted this question but my 'smart' phone said there was problem with the posting, so though it was something I'd done and would try again....well I've just gone to try again and low and behold, here's the post!

Thanks for the replies.
    This is research for a possible house move, but also looking slightly further north up the bay.
    I would be aiming for an arrival in Hawthorn around 7.45, so would hopefully miss some of the rush hour.
    I use the Monash from Mount Waverly some times and...yeah...slow sometimes, but I think probably easier/quicker than other options.
    Have ridden the peninsula link/eastlink/monash a couple of times to try it and all ok...bit boring apart from getting distracted by the random architecture every now and then!
    Will try the non-toll ways in a week or so.

Thanks again,
  6. Welcome Rich.

Great bikes those CB900's.