Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First post at last!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by johnbl, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Hi guys and girls,

Another long-time lurker finally saying hello. Been interested in riding for ages, but have not had much experience up till now. I got my Learners permit late last year but haven't been back on a bike till... well, today! A mate of mine is moving to Sydney, and he's given me the use of his Suzuki Across to see if I'd like to buy it. Spent a few hours on it today, thought I'd be like a new learner since it's been so long, but it was ok - like riding a bike I guess!

Still, I don't have that much experience under my belt so made sure to be back in time before rush-hour traffic. Might try to make it to the Saturday learner's practice tomorrow morning, it's a really excellent idea to have it.

2. First post at last! ?? huh?
  3. Hmmm... should have stuck a comma in there: first post, at (long) last! :facepalm:
  4. lol welcome in :)
  5. welcome John, I think we all remember our first ride, I know I do and it was in August 1974!!
  6. Hi again and welcome officially to NR.

Good to catch you at practice today.
  7. Nice meeting you today. See you around.
  8. yeah welcome....
    I've always like that boot you get on the Across......
    Looks better than a tank bag.....lol