Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First performance mod for 2008 CBR600RR

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by 2008 CBR600RR, May 26, 2009.

1. Hi Guys,

I hope it has not been covered (I did search first)

I have a Standard 08 CBR600RR and I am looking to get a bit more out of it, more mid range torque would be nice.

does anyone have any suggestions?

The obvious would be exhaust I would think but just looking for some one that has done a few mods & noticed some good gains etc

Cheers Steve
  2. You want mid-range? Another 400cc will fix it.

Exhaust wise, a slip on won't do a thing and a full system will be designed around top end.
  3. Get an exhaust so it sounds nice, getting one for performance has a high wank factor unless you're a track junkie.

-1 tooth on front sprocket should get more useable power.
  4. Go to a track day school or summink.
  5. No it won't. The power the engine develops will not change, nor will its torque. What you will get is more rear wheel torque at a given road speed in a given gear, but each gear will give less speed, so you will have to change up sooner, and cruising rpm will be higher. +1 that if you want more torque the easiest and probably cheapest way is to get a bigger bike!
  6. The last thing you need on that bike is more mid-range, but if you want to play about with it then get a freer flowing exhaust and a PCIII installed.
  7. sell it. I dont think theres a point trying to make that bike what it isnt. if you want midrange get something with more.
  8. Ok I chose poor wording, but you surely understand what I mean?

Go -1 on the front. Will mean increased revvs for x speed, which translates to easier/faster acceleration as you spend less time lugging at low revvs. Sportsbike gears are way too long for road riding anyway.