Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First motorcycle in Sydney...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by member, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Hi all,

Been lurking around for quite a bit now gathering info on which motorcycle to get. Finally made up my mind and put in the deposit for a new Street Triple R. :D

Can't wait to get my hands on her and maybe join you guys on a few rides around Sydney.

Past experience : A few years on a Royal Enfield Bullet 350
  2. Welcome to NetRider!
    sounds like your a seasoned rider, the street triple (nice bike btw) being your first in Syd?
    Royal Enfield Bullet 350 - Nice machine btw
  3. Thanks InvalidUser.

I wouldn't really call myself a seasoned rider. Just about 3-4 yrs of exp on my previous bike. Not in Australia though. So I am really looking forward to (and also a bit nervous) exploring the country on two wheels. Just got told that the new shipment won't arrive until the 15th of Dec. This waiting game is a biatch :/
  4. I'm quite new to riding myself, I had about a years riding experience a few years back.
    Good to hear you're back on the bike though.
    I suppose that'd be an early Christmas present for yourself then =]
    You can always do other stuff while waiting... there is a wealth of info on this site and maybe look more into the bike you're getting? Insurance, gear, roads to ride?
  5. Welcome to Netrider mate!
  6. Thanks GeorgeO :)

InvalidUserInvalidUser : I've got my gear and insurance sorted out. Just need the bike in my garage. :p

Found a few good roads from this website. What do you think? If someone's got recommendations for twisties I can head to near Sydney that are of intermediate difficulty, that would be awesome.

7. welcome aboard :]
  8. The street triple is great around Sydney. Watch out for that throttle, there is heaps of go with very little twist of the throttle. It's very responsive and could catch you out until used to it.
  9. I don't know of any twisties around =/ , I've only ridden around the sydney metro area.
    Especially now that my bike is having problems starting...
  10. There's the Old Pacific Highway AKA the Old Road, Bobbin Head Rd, Mccarrs Creek Rd, West Head, Royal National Park, Bells Line etc. All great roads albeit some are heavily policed.
    There are more but these should get you started.
  11. Thanks Womble. That's exactly what I was looking for.
  12. Yep. Fighting the urge to open up the throttle during the test ride was almost impossible. That intake howl though!! :)
  13. Thanks :)