Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First Major Service - Honda VFR800X "Crossrunner"

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by spenze, Feb 15, 2013.

1. This service is the 24k km service, which I had done at 26k k's.

Being a VTEC engine I knew it wasn't going to be cheap or quick. I had organised the service 10 days ahead of time to ensure they had time available and could fit it in before the weekend. In the end it cost more or less what I was expecting based on the reviews I had read previously.

I also got the mechanic to put on some crash bars I had already purchased. According to other riders who put these on themselves they all said it took about an hour, a great deal of which is taking the plastics off an putting them back on. I figured if they're doing a service then that has to be done anyway so shouldn't take up too much more time.

All reports point to all valve clearances being in spec (no one said otherwise and the receipt doesn't include any new VTEC buckets... which cost an arm and a leg), which is pretty much what every other VFR rider has reported for their first service. So it all seems pretty standard.

The final cost was AU$1,000 on the nose and apparently took 7 hours of labour and a few materials.

• Like Like x 1