Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First fall! Where to get minor damage checked out and fixed?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Helcat, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Hi all,

I am a learner rider and recently dropped my bike for the first time - hit a pothole and it slid out and I came off and slid with it about 10m. The bike was ok, just a bit of minor damage, and I was ok too and not far from home so rode it back home.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what to do next? I need to take it to someone to check it out, I bent a few bits here and there and obviously want to get it properly checked for damage to alignment or steering or the gearbox etc. It is also going to need a couple of parts replaced. I have comprehensive insurance with Insuremyride but would prefer not to have to claim on that if there is not that much to fix, and so keep my no claim bonus intact.

I live in Bondi, so if anyone can help, or knows somewhere I could take it close by to get checked out I would really appreciate it :)

2. A six pack, and a knowledgable netrider would be my first port of call. Failing that take it to a reliable trustworthy mechanic.

btw. I'm Thera, nice to meet you, and sorry for your off. I bet its a learning experience. Theres a section called Birthdays and welcomes, some people here can be offended if you don't introduce yourself before asking for help. :) plus above it is the NSW rides and events section, worth a read.
  3. Haha! VERY happy to supply a six pack or even a case if any knowledgeable Netriders have some spare time to come round and have a look and a chat! Would really appreciate the input, and would be great to meet some other riders too.

As far as trustworthy reliable mechanics go, I have only thus far taken my bike for a service at Cyclecraft on Bondi Road. I have reservations about mechanics I don't know, and what makes it harder is that I'm a girl, so scared of being ripped off or taken for a ride.
  4. PS pun not intended ;)
  5. another area a netrider can help with