Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First ever “Near Miss” today

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by grfxninja, Aug 26, 2011.

1. So I decided to duck up the shops at lunch time to grab some ciggies (…yes…I know…).
    Finished at the shop and mounted up to head back to work. While I was still in the car park, a chick in a 4WD decides to just drive straight across in front of me from a crossroad without even attempting to look in either direction.
    Luckily I saw what she was doing well and truly in advance, but made a point of stopping right up nice and close to her door. Should have seen the look on her face when she saw me and realised what she had done :D
    Anyway, like I said, I was in a carpark so speed definitely wasn’t an issue. Just couldn’t believe the stupidity of this woman. Off in her own little world and didn’t have a clue I was there till I was right on top of her. I’ve seen cagers do some stupid shit since I’ve been riding (and my fav NR thread is Chef’s “Rider Down” thread :D) but so far this is the dumbest thing I’ve seen

2. beware of lunchtimes

but yeah, blind biatch
  3. Last night on Fitzroy Street (St Kilda - VIC), I had this chick go round all the traffic using the Turn Right Only lane, only to force her way into my path, once she got to the front and the lights turned green.
    I think that what she didn't realise is that I ride a BIKE, so when the traffic stopped, I just filtered over to HER window, gave it a tap with the armored gloves, and gave her some lip!
    She looked like she SHARTED herself!! Best thing was that the traffic didn't move for a good 20 seconds, during which I was just THERE, leaning over, calmly shaking my head, and pointing out the error of her ways. No Road Rage anywhere in sight.
    Guy behind me (who had seen the whole thing) gave me the thumbs up. Nodded and gently rode away, with a little song in my heart (still made sure there were a couple of cars behind me, between me and her, in case she got any weird ideas)

There is something to be said for looking like a bad MoFo on a big @$$ cruiser.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Indeed.
    Or in my case, a big bad mofo on a baby cruiser :D