Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First Day Out.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by heavyw8, Apr 8, 2005.

1. well well ...

picked up my bike at 8am only to find it lacked the 2stroke oil needed to keep the thing .... smoking the way it should :D. off i went to buy some only to find that when i got home my cool electronic dash (which i have no idea how to use as yet) faded and i could no longer start the bike.

with a broken heart and a few swear words in mind, i ring up the dealer i purchased it from. He assured me that the battery was brand new and that perhaps the terminal need adjusting so i listen, take off the seat, fiddle with the battery, and the dash lit up. Happy again i ride to pay my mechanic money owed on a job he did for my car, only to find that as soon as he wanted to turn it over (the engine), same problem...

purchased a new battery and had my mechanic/family friend, install it. i tell you what.... the suspense as i turned the key was intense. i had convinced myself that it was an eletrical problem. :D pleased to say... it lit up and the bike has been great since.

Spent from 9am on the bike and even went down to say hello with some of the netrider crew. 'good to meet you all'

had a great day.... but my clutch hand is killing me !

cheers all for the tips etc..

2. Congratulations, and what an excellent choice of machine!

I wouldn't worry about the battery; consider it a right of passage. It's always bloody something... ;-)
  3. Congrats mate.

:D :D
  4. congrats on the purchase!!!!

I was starting to wonder if you were ever going to be allowed to leave coffee with person after person coming up to you and checking out the bike as you were trying to leave.