Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First day of pre-learners tonight!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Jace_F, May 9, 2011.

1. As the title says, off to do my first day of pre leaners this evening at Botany. Looking forward to it although to be honest rather nervous too!

I hope I dont have a group that have been riding dirtbikes for years or anything! I hate feeling like the worst in the group! haha

Especially since I have zero experience on motorbikes, cars yes, pushbike yes and I have riden a scooter around in Thailand and Greece but no clutch is way easier!

2. Yeah the nerves are hard to control at first but after a few minutes you'll start enjoying yourself being on a motorcycle so much you'll forget all about them.

I was in the same situation as you, zero experience with motorcycles. Just listen to your instructors and you'll be right.
  3. good luck.
  4. Wear something warm - there's a lot of standing around outside for the first session...
  5. Cheers guys.

First night was great fun once the nerves settled down! It was certainly cold and wet out there though, horrible conditions but still had a blast! Looking forward to the second session now.
  6. I went to botany to get mine too, I liked my instructor he was funny and one of those 'in your face' people, so you have to get it right, I forgot his name, but he is baldish and has a slight kiwi accent. Who did you have?
  7. Pre learners successfully passed! Not sure I would have the confidence to get out on the road as yet, bit of time must be spent in backstreets and carparks to get the hang of everything I think.

Although I managed to stop in the right spot everytime on the prelearners I still never felt comfortable doing it, also stalled when braking a few times.

I had Cass for my course, she was awesome. Really explained everything well, made it really enjoyable.