Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First customisation

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by bangalla, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Well my Monster is now a week old, so it's obviously time for some customisation.

Traditionally Ducatis have a dry clutch, which is where that fantastic rattling sound comes from, but due to tighter and tighter noise regulations in Europe they've gone to a wet clutch on new models like mine. This means that you can't put an open clutch cover on my bike like a lot of the other customised Dukes do, so I had to come up with something different.

The clutch cover on the 695 is pretty unremarkable except for the raised lettering on it.

So with a bit of trepidation I taped up the clutch cover and set to work with some emery paper.

After spending years trying to protect my cars' paintwork it seemed a bit strange at first to be defacing my brand new bike, but I'm very happy with the results.

So just a little mod in the scheme of things, but it's great knowing that my bike is now just that little bit more individual.
  2. Very clever! I'd never thought of using plain old masking tape to stop scratching like that! Top work!

Regards, Andrew.
  3. :eek: Plain old masking tape is a "staple" of "body work "defacers" so to speak. Every aspect of body repair and "work" on body parts involves using the good ol' masking tape. It's one damn handy (and cheap!) item to use :grin:
  4. Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it's just to get rid of that annoying rattle...

Good job.
  5. :shock: Blasphemy!

6. Simple, but that works really well. Nice one dude!
  7. not bad

btw monster 750 has been wet clutch for years , sure the other 750's were as well

and of course the 250 is wet as well ;)