Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First crash

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by gumbs, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Went to pull away at a set of lights and slipped and dropped the clutch, front wheel went up, I went down.

The bad news. I think I've twisted the forks. There's about a 10 degree difference between where the wheels points and where it should point. There's other minor problems, indicators gone, electrics are running of the alternator so something a miss their too. Jackets been ripped on the inside of the forearm as well.

All in all I'm really pissed of and worried this is going to end up being expensive.
  2. Sorry to hear that, Gumbs!
    It only takes one little muck up and it can all go to sh1t, hey :cry: . Don't worry, you're sure not the first.

Now, to help the guys that know, what sort of bike do you have, and can you post any pics of the problem areas? It might not be such a big deal.
  3. Congrats on your first wheelie dude! :woot:

Sorry to hear you damaged your bike though. :( The important thing is that you're alright. :)
  4. Are you one of those bikes Super Mal was talking about today?? :) Must have been the day for it in Brisbane - I heard about 5 or 6 bikes down today.

Sorry to hear about the off, but at least you're alright. I can point you in the direction of a leather repairer if needed!
  5. :rofl:
  6. Ah my bad bike is an xt 225. I just copied and pasted it here from another forum I use because this one has alot higher traffic.

I did some reading on a dedicated xt225 site and apparently it can be fixed easily. Thank christ.
  7. Glad your ok. The forks probably only need a bit of a push to straight them up. Put them up against a post and push the bars the opposite way. If htat don't work loosen the bottom tripclamps and try again.
    And go easy on the clutch in future. :)