Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First Bike -

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Pono, May 13, 2008.

1. Hey,

Finally able to buy myself a bike, but i'm stuck, i am not sure what!?

I'm 6'3 weigh about 88kg. JUst turned 18, so will probably have this bike for a while until i can get my larger licence.

I was looking at the honda CBR250 or maybe the Hyosung GT250R?

I like the bigger bikes with more mass to them, and more power(obviously) as i hear the ninja lacks abit of power despite being a 250.

If someone could give me some advice that would be great, or knows anyone selling ?

2. all 250cc bikes are going to lack power, the main difference between the 250s is where they make the power that they do have, the hyo and aso the ninja have more low down torque then the cbr, but then the cbr has a fair bit more top end power

forget about getting the bike with the most power, look for the bike you feel comfortable sitting on, that fits better and i highly doubt that will be the cbr

3.  Top
  4. CBR's are overpriced

5. +1.

But thats only because noobs like us pay too much for them. A bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

6. That's one of the main reasons i bought one. There is guaranteed to be an excellent resale market for mine when it comes time to upgrade.

7. yeah, i did read that, thanks. I just wanted an opinion with the hyosung.

What is hyosung like? i am assuming abit like hyundi of cars?

The CBR is over priced which i guess has its good and bad parts.

Can anyway else recommend a good oversized 250? (by that i mean the body)

Also where is a good place to buy around perth? Is there manby dealers that second hand or is it best to go private?

Also thanks for the replies i know you guys will be getting alot of the same qeustions!

8. the 250 Hornet frames are larger. almost as big as the 900 i think?? it uses the same engine as the CBR. But i think the hornet is also a grey import. so could be hard to come across...

9. There's some really tall 250 dirt bikes that are street legal. Yamaha TTR250, Suzuki DRZ250 etc.

10. the hornet is that a Honda?

11. Check out the suzuki gsf250 bandit as well it's a bit bigger than the average 250.

and yes the hornet do be a Honda.

12. Hey, mate

Been in the same situation myself i'm 6 1 , CBR is to small for me ;;

Kawasaki GPX or ZZR feel's better give them a try . Hyosung are bigger but there crap ''''( do a search)

But stay with the big boys Kawasaki Honda Suzuki Yamaha.,

good luck

13. You mean the 600 right?