Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First Bike

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Tommy A, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Decided this year to learn to ride and have recently got my learners and am now looking to get a CB400 pretty soon. Tested one yesterday and cant wait to get out there on my own bike. New found passion for me. At 6"2 is the CB400 a good place to start?

2. Yes. 6'2" isn't that tall, and the lil' CB is quite spacious as it is. Easy to ride, too, but has a lot of scope for you to develop your skills until you lose the plates (and probably beyond).
  3. Thanks for the advice Spex750. it would be a bike I would expect to keep for a few years given i will only be riding on weekends but then again a read that a few people say that when they get started.
  4. I'm taller than you and I found the CB400 to be fine. You'll love it, great little bike.
  5. Welcome mate i love the CB400, love the sound of the V-tec when it kick in. Great bike i might get one myself when i am off the 250. Hungry for more power and i love the four cylinders.

Ride safe...
  6. Welcome along Tommy. Nice to have you with us.
  7. Yeah good bike the CB400. All quality and also comes with abs.