Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First bike

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Brento, Jan 15, 2011.

1. So i just got my first bike, an '09 ninja 250r with around 2k kms, it's in perfect condition can't find a scratch on it :D Now i just need to get my L's ): (Booked in for 22nd-23rd) so i can take it out for a ride!

Just gave him his first wash thought i would throw some pics up ;)

Also can anyone suggest a fender eliminator that would be good, had it for a few days and already sick of that 1 ft bit of plastic haha!

2. Congratulations on your new acquisition! I myself just got my opens in QLD, and purchased a 2011 Ninja 250r - black though.

It is my understanding that fender eliminators are illegal in Australia, you must have a rear fender that travels at least as low as 45 degrees upwards from the rear axle - however you can remove the extra large rectangle shape for plates and stickers. I may be wrong though.
  3. Fender eliminator = not worth the fine & will make it harder for you to sell in 364 days :). Of course it's only my 2 cents but keep it stock. Things like fender eliminators are pointless (and illegal) and you'll never get your money back on exhausts etc & on a 4 banger 250 they'll do nothing performance wise. Put the $$ in an account and spend it on your new bike in a year's time!!

The new bike looks trick & you've done a good job detailing it. It'd put most new bikes to shame!!!

Enjoy the ride buddy!
  4. The 250R is a twin cylinder.

You can get what you need for a fender eliminator from MCAS, there's a shop in Auburn on Parra rd, just ask one of the blokes on the counter.
  5. cheers, might head out tomorrow.
  6. Gratz on the new bike. I too had a ninja 250r whilst on my P's and resisted the temptation to make any mods/upgrades to it. Each to their own.
  7. Haha yeah, I figure I'm keeping it for over 2 years so why not get rid of 1 thing
  8. Real nice shade of blue there, I soon hope to here tales of your outings once you have your course out of the way.
  9. Great looking bike. The fender does stick out a bit - too bad they couldn't make a tyre hugging mud guard that meets australian standards!

Happy motorcycling
  10. It doesn't stop at one. :D