Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First bike - VN250, VL250 or VT250C?

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by bulby, Jun 9, 2011.

1. So I've decided that my first bike will be a cruiser. Hopefully will have my L permit in 2 weeks time.

I have my eyes set on a few 250cc cruisers already: Kawasaki VN250, Suzuki VL250 and Honda VT250C.

From the what I've been reading so far, am I right to assume that the general consensus here leans towards the VN250?

If so, Ray Quincey is listing a couple of Eliminators for under the $3000 mark. This one in particular looks good. And they can deliver the bike to my door, which is a big plus for me since I don't really know anyone who rides bike to help me get the bike home. A bit worried though, since I've read quite a few of bad reviews on Ray Quincey (the dealership).

Having said that, I haven't actually decided to get a VN250. I'm still tossing between the three. It just so happens that the VN250 is the one most readily available at the moment. But yeh... decisions decisions... :-k

Any help to make it easier for me to make the decisions would be greatly appreciated =]

p.s. I'm going to be paying by credit card, so my options might be limited to dealerships (or stealerships, as some might call them), unfortunately.