Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First Bike to Purchase while on L's

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by casper1989, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Hey all. Im not really sure where to post this so i put it here. Sorry if its in the wrong spot

Im about to get my L's in victoria and am looking for a bike to buy. I dont know all that much about bikes but i was looking at:
    Suzuki GSX250
    Honda CBR250

Im about 6 feet tall and about 75-80kgs. As i said i dont know much about bikes so any adivce given is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance for the replies

2. you may find them too small height wise, given the riding position. pay careful attention to how your legs are bent and how easy it is to change gear and brake with your feet.

3. ZXR250 Ninja 1989-1993 (imported). 4 cylinder 250cc. They are $3000-$5000 and they are really good for learning because they dont have any low down torque so u cant throw yourself off and it makes them very easy to learn on, and they rev to 19 grand so they have plenty of power if you want to get it but they can be ridden very safely if you dont go over 12k.

Only drawback is that they are quite old.

Im 6 foot 3 and i weigh 90kg and i am pretty comfortable on it.

They look good too.