Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First bike, first ride

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Ninja-300-Dylan, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Gday all.

I have just purchased a 2015 kawasaki ninja 300. I pick it up from the dealership on wednesday 30/12 and i am a little excited and...... a little nervous.

I am wanting to know some helpful tips on getting started as i have had some experience...but not much.

And also from the ninja 300 owners themselves with some pros and cons on the bike.

Kind regards

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. welcome aboard :) congrats on the bike
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks mate :)
  4. Howdy and welcome to NR! Congrats and welcome to the fray. Read lots, learn lots and practice lots more. :happy:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. When you are ready the ninj likes to be ridden in the higher rev range :)

Suggest working on basic skills and roadcraft first!

Basic points - look where you want to go, relax on the bike, don't get tense (relax arms)...a lot of riding is in the head, the basic physical movements are not hard. So be calm, practice in a quiet car park or something before hitting the road.

As above, see noob threads and also watch twist of the wrist on YouTube before picking up your bike.

Have fun mate!!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Welcome to Netrider and 2 wheels Dylan! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Congrats on your purchase. Did you go for the new 2016 model or the run out 2015 non ABS models and which color ? First thing I would do if you haven't all ready is fit some frame sliders. I purchased a new one 2015 ( White ) in November to share with my wife who decided to get her learners now after I've been riding on and off for over 25 years. Within 12 hours of ownership and her first minute of riding she dropped it trying to negotiate a slow u turn. The genuine Kawasaki frame sliders took all the impact on the right hand side and apart from a thin scratch on the exhaust shield the bike survived 99.99% blemish free.
    I've only racked up a little over 200Km on the little ninja and the engine seems to be getting a little looser on every ride. Enjoy
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome to the road two-wheel version, and Netrider...
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome, I have a 2014 ninja with abs, I've done about 4,000kms so far and found that frame sliders have saved me lots of cash, I have dropped the bike twice (once on my first day with it doing a slow turn, and again later doing a slow turn in the wrong gear). After the first service the fun really starts when you get the high rpm's going, give it heaps in first before changing to second or it wants to go to neutral and have fun! Also definitely read twist of the wrist 2 also
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thankyou mate. Happy to be here
  12. I picked her up today. Racking up 31 kms, it was a lot of fun.. no bad points, no injurys! It was bloody awesome 20151230_165154.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3