Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First bike, first ride!!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by TRA, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Well i took my brand new gs500f out for a spin! Never ridden a manual bike before, so headed to the local car park for a few laps. No problem at all. Stability is no issue since I have been riding scoots for such a long time. Stalled it quite a few times, but got a lot better toward the end. Spend about 45mins in the car park, then had to go get fuel. This mean a short ride on a main road in peak hour traffic, one stall turning onto main road after fueling up. Riding in the traffic not as daunting as I thought.

Still need to master the clutch and gears, but I am pretty happy with it all things considered. Got a 2 hour training session tomorrow morn, so that should help me along.

I must admit, i was surprised by how nicely this thing rides compared to my aprillia 250cc scooter. Corners better, hadles better, the ride is smoother. Not bad! =D>
  2. Good luck with it all and ride safe.
  3. Congrats - good luck with the training session!
    Enjoy. :)
  4. Good to see you've seen the magic of bikes compared to scooters. Have fun, ride safe.