Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First bike and first week riding

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by aj1, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Hi All

Been reading alot in these forums the last couple of months. Really great advice and tips for new riders which I have enjoyed reading! Got my L's back in November 2011 and finally last week got my first bike a 2001 VTR 250. I've only been riding around my local area for the last week but really loving it i'm so glad i got a bike \\:D/ !!! Have a friend who has been riding a few years so hoping to get out for a ride with him this weekend and pick his brain for tips also.

Thanks for everyones great tips and advice!!

Cheers

2. Welcome to the nuthouse...enjoy your stay. :p

Great news on the bike, well done.

3. Where about in Melbourne are you?

4. Congrats on getting your Learner's and first bike! It's good that you have a friend you can go riding with and learn from, it makes the learning experience better :)

5. congratsnon the learners and the vtr. I have a 99 vtr250 which has been a blast. they are a great bike for damn near anything, you'll have a blast.enjoy it.