Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First bike and first ride

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by dcart3r, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Just picked up my first bike yesterday, bought it from a bloke just around the corner so the ride home wasn't far. Probably took me all of 90 seconds.

Bike is a black 2007 Honda VTR250. Originally purchased in May 2007, only has 695 km on it! Brand new! Got a good price too, I think.

Went for my first ride this afternoon around a few back streets and I can see it's going to take some time before I'm really comfortable riding a bike on the road. Stalled a couple times (Coogee is very hilly), no drops or scares though. Only rode for a little under an hour, but hopefully I can get up early tomorrow and get a few hours in on some quieter-than-usual roads.
  2. Nice bike bro! Congrats :cool:

Now all ya need is a Staintune Pipe... :grin:
  3. It IS a pretty little bike, isn't it, you can see why so many people like it. (And it's a Honda, too, of course!)
  4. That's a pretty schmick bike dcart3r, how much did that set you back?
  5. Very nice.

And it hasn't even been run in yet!!

I agree with the above, get an aftermarket pipe on there STAT!!

Staintune or Neptune (NZ), check youtube for a soundcheck of the two.
  6. Owner was asking for $8,000, ended up selling it to me for $7,000.
  7. Were you riding on Friday? Saw a black vtr going north at Arden and Clovelly Rds from Out of the Blue (my mates parents shop). I'm dreading taking my bike to arden, I'll probably go a few streets west where the hill isn't so steep and cars dont burst out from side streets. Someone came out in front of me in my white festiva going down the south hill a few months ago. It'll be much easier for them to miss you on a bike, so take care.

Nice bike though :grin:
  8. Yeah, i ride up brook st to get to clovelly road, then go onto arden if i want to go up bondi way.

Worst st, and i still avoid it (leads to burnouts with the brass button clutch) in my car is where carrington meets carr st.