Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First Bike! 2005 GPX250R

Average User Rating:
3.5/5,
  1. Totaln00bRiderSA submitted a new Showcase Item:

First Bike! 2005 GPX250R

Read more about this showcase item here...

2. Nice one buddy, great little learner bike

3. They are a great first bike. Just a pointer on modifying the front mudguard. Yes I agree it was pretty ugly on that model. You can not remove it altogether, it is a legal requirement. You can shorten it down to make it look better. The South Aussie regs are a bit vague on the matter just saying: THIS

The NSW regs are a bit more explicit.

mudguards.

In any case I believe the radiator is immediately behind the front wheel so you want to leave some protection from stones thrown up into the radiator and holing them. A reasonably common occurrence. Otherwise fit a stone guard over the radiator. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. oh, i should have been a little clearer, its the rear mudguard ill be removing. ill look into the regulations a little though, because id assume that the rear of the bike would in effect, act as a mud guard as well (to a degree?)

i dont have my license yet (life drama) so i went for a very cheeky 3am ride around the block for about 30mins, and i have to say, i dont think i could have asked for a better bike. the biggest problem was probably my confidence, but by the end of the 30mins, even that wasnt as bad.

she did what i asked, and even helped me out along the way. the balance while turning felt amazing (although, i was a little shakey to start off) and even at low speed and low RPM, she was extremely well behaved. (top speed of 40, and maybe 2.5-3kRPM)

though, it was kind of lame. at one point i though "oh, ill give it a little juice" and thought "oh, i should slow down, i think im going too fast"

i was going 40 -_-

thats when i realized, everything seems faster on a bike. haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. How is the bike going? was it good? An old work mate of mine had one of them and loved it.