Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

First big-ish ride, first lorry fun

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by carpetbelly, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Well, i had my first big ish ride today... Went from basically Redfern down to La Perouse. On the way back was fun. On Botany Road on the way back, near the port botany places, I saw a lorry waiting to cross the freeway and my spider senses tingle hehe.

So I back off, cover the brake and luckily for me I did. Managed to stop in time and give a nice toot of my horn while a nice big lorry cuts in front of my path.

I have to say, I am normally a cautious driver but all I've read on here about really being invisible has made me be even more cautious and things like today really show me I have to be.

A good learning experience. Shame we have to do ones where we have to account for others but better than being under that lorry if I'd done nothing.

2. Good job on the preperation. Its great to have skills like this, as you can see it really saves your skin. Glad you got around that without much of an issue :)