Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fireman have the coolest job!!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by bambam_101, Jun 5, 2008.

1. #1 bambam_101, Jun 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    I wish i wish i got in!! Have to keep trying!

2. only problem bambam is that in australia you have to do it with a bucket and recycled water
  3. that failed to excite me.
    firemen have a dangerous job and completely shit pay.that sux.
  4. Firemen or not, that was cool :grin:

Have you seen the MFB thread around here? :?
  5. I've been lifted just off the ground by 125litres/minute @ 1200psi from an Egyptian Navy firefighting system... and moved backwards into the shed in the yard, where I left a nice big dent but was uninjured.

It was an experience :grin:
  6. I love my pumps.

That was a cool vid Bam Bam. Sorry to hear you didn't get in. Keep your chin up and try again.

Ktulu, that was probably 1250 l/min at 1200 kpa mate. Around that much would have sent you flying nicely. :LOL: :LOL:

We use around 450 l/min at 1000 kpa for low pressure/high volume appliations or 220 l/min at 2000 kpa for high pressure hose reel applictions (Like house fires/car fires). One person with a back up can usually handle these fine, but it can be frigtening the power behind jet reaction sometimes, and you really place a LOT of trust in your pump operator.

Slickncghia. You don't know how close that is to the truth!!
  7. Nope :arrow: psi.

And I was fine during the first test. I had my feet braced against a gate-track in the yard, and they slowly cranked pressure up to full while I held the hose.

I was more worried about what the jet would do to me on it's way past if I lose my grip on the hose.

2nd test, they didn't wind the pressure up from low: just started at full :eek: surprised me and gave enough lift to move my foot up over the gate-track - then I was just backpedalling with it and chose the shed to hit rather than a concrete wall or scrap steel :)
  8. That totally rules!