Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Firefling was correct - I have been assimilated

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by incitatus, Aug 31, 2005.

1. It has just occurred to me that I have been a signed-up member for 10 days now.

In that time I have written something stupid 84 times. As far as I can tell there is only one other member on my side of Australia, so the chances of me actually riding with any of you bastards is slim. There are numerous Perth oriented sites to choose from...........so why is this the one I have become addicted to?

Well.....Its because its so damn good. Just the right mix of knowledge, info, rabid rantings, seasoned with idiocy, but without the idiots...my kinda people.

Thanks all, great forum, unless you object I intend to stick around.

2. 85...

Yeah, I know what you mean about the site. Same reason I joined.

Maybe we could all meet up somewhere in the middle. Yalata, anyone??

3. Speaking personally, I've enjoyed your manic contributions, mate, I mean the story about the errant pannier was GOLD. Great having you here, stay!!!

4. I don't know why netrider sucked me in - I think it is the participation levels, and the friendly screen colors :)

A lot of other bike forums are like ghost towns, or treat newbies very badly.

5. Perth is not *that* far away. and the ride across *can* be enjoyable. It's only 18 months since I rode across, and It might be a while before I repeat the trip - not because I didn't enjoy it, but because there are lots of places I haven't ridden yet.

6. hmmmmm a National Netrider's Convention, somewhere central (Adelaide?) in Spring 2006
    Anyone want to organise........?

7. an "Across" ride enjoyable...never!!!

8. Of course......psychotropic......it the colors man...groovy

9. Hey, just be careful to bolt the panniers onto that chariot, or they'll laugh at you in Valhalla!! "Hey, guys, lookie here, he's lost one of his panniers...." ((Rest of spirit world collapses in helpless mirth))

10. I intentionally removed that pannier to make lane splitting easier.........any other explanation is blatantly libelous.......