Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

fire twirling

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by nibor, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Thats Crazy!! :LOL: :cool: Don't Burn Yourself! lol
  2. I have a fire staff I like to play with every now and then. :)
  3. I wanna learn how to do that *pouts*
  4. i used to be into the staff... always wanted to do poi but just lost the time (and backyard practise space :p )
  5. i have poi - i practice twice a year at confest........ progress is slow :p
  6. My mummy always told me not to play with fire. (But I admire the skills of those who can :)).
  7. I always considered such statements to be advice rather than definates. Besides, playing with fire is fun. :)
  8. lol carri u should get it out n have a spin in the backyard, u dont have to light up you know :p

u sound like me seany, a bit of a firebug :grin: (minus the bushfire starting :shock: )

well learn then peeahh! its not hard :)

burning urself is half the fun charms :p :p call it a steep learning curve :wink:

if anyone wants to catch up and have a spin, let me know :)
  9. Yeah yeah....it's just the whole getting of equipment, getting around to actually doing it...etc etc etc :p
  10. staff - $60 from gooble warming, posted down from Qld. haha worked out cheaper than some of the local staves, n good quality too.

kero - $4 for a litre

10min to burn in the wicks

1min soaking when ever you want to light up

should burn for up to 5min, depending how fast u spin, and how much you soak

then just dip and light each time after :)

seems pretty easy to me? :p :p
  11. hehe, fire. *giggles* :LOL:

I like stuff. :) Can't say I start bushfires though. :shock: I just like throwing it around and fireworks are great too. :grin:
    Mine was about $110 from Consentrate Fire Equipment in Melbourne. A bit more expensive but I really like it. :)
  12. yeah concentrate make awesome gear, recently ive completely forgotten about them actually :? but i want one, theyre a good stave. gaah i hate Juggleart, im assuming you know them? pricks are all corporate now, just interested in a profit. they overcharge sooo much.

have you got any pics/vids? im getting some 5 inch wicks soon :) or split wicks :grin: im also getting a large debt soon, with all this buying, and bike n stuff soon, and minimal income :cry:
  13. :LOL: I think I'd be a LONG way from actually lighting the suckers...god knows I'd burn all sorts of shit, especially myself :p

But thanks for the info, i'll keep it for reference :)
  14. LoL well maybe it is :wink: .. so loosing some hair is ok? :p :LOL:
  15. hahah yeah, of course :p depending how hard i push it, i almost always lose some hair when i light up, be it just brushing an arm or a leg, or my eyebrow as ive done once :grin: took of half the bastard :grin: but your doing well if you actually light your hair on fire, compared with singeing something. a mate once clipped his head with poi i think, and there was a lil flame there not much really, but someone yelled out n hit him a good one upside the head before it could do anything :p

but yeah like riding, your not a rider until you've fallen off... you not a twirler until you've burnt yourself :)
  16. Must say, it can be.. :p

Ants & spiders hate it when I do tho. :grin:

17. reminds me of the good old super soaker flame thrower :grin:

until the petrol starts to eat away at the plastic tank and nozzle of the gun... :shock:
  18. Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just bought a fire staff. Reckon there's a safe way to carry it on the bike, or do I have to fix my car?