Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fire in the Sky - Melbourne 720am

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by RustyRR, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Nevermind feel free to delete.

2. nope... but i saw something flash by a couple nights ago in the sky.

you sure you guys were'nt taking drugs? :]

Oh and i dont think i was even up by that time

3. Generally speaking if something is "breaking" the atmosphere as you put it, it would be travelling at a VERY VERY VERY high speed... not doodling along..... sure it wasn't a flame flare?

4. On sunday morning, maybe around the same time, I saw a plane at high altitude, and the rising sun reflecting off its vapour trail was orange, looking like a large trail of flame. It was heading roughly south-east. But then again, there was probably too much cloud cover this morning to really see anything at high altitude, I'd reckon.

5. See above for description.. (

6. so you just want to know your not going crazy right?

7. nevermind - this was confirmed as a plane jetwash.

8. Actually, it was just a pocket of swamp gas reflecting light off a weather balloon.

:shock:

9. sounds like an x-file to me, i think we should call in Scully and Mulder

10. Yeah it's a strange one.

11. HOLY SNAPPING DUCKSHIT BATMAN!!!
    A member who actually Moderates himself... Whats the world coming too :LOL: :LOL: .

Why not just leave the original thread there for people to discuss if your going elsewhere? :?: :?: :evil:

12. About once a month someone rings 3AW or 3LO to ask if there's been a plane crash as they can see a trail in the sky that looks like it's going into the ground. When you walk outside to have a look it's simply a condensation trail left by a plane remembering planes fly over us at really high altitudes when going from places like Africa to NZ and so on.

13. When I was a young lad doing my paper round in the UK I saw in the sky a distance aircraft with black smoke coming out, it was flying quite irratically and was heading down to the ground at quite a speed. Thinking it was a airplane in trouble I called the local bobby who checked into it and it turned out to be an RAF chinook taking part in a military exercise in the area. I lived in the Country so that figured.

These things normally have a good explanation.