Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fire at Yamaha in Elizabeth St

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by pvda, Apr 4, 2005.

1. A fire broke out in the Yamaha dealership in Elizabeth Street in the City overnight.

It started on the first floor and took the MFB about an hour to control.

Did a drive by on the way to the office this morning and the building looks intact but the amount of internal damage is a bit hard to judge although the radio news quoted $350,000 building and stock damage.
  2. There you go, discoounted Yamaha!!!
  3. was it the new or used yamaha dealership on elizabeth street?
  4. Time to get my hands on a fire damaged yammie...:LOL:..jokes aside I hope that everything works out alright for the parties involved
  5. Peter Stevens tried the same thing and were able to open 'new and imrpoved'. Next year I hear is Ray Quincey's turn... :D

Serious: Hope all comes back well because I enjoy all shops along that strip, and hate to see one closed.
  6. Not sure but was between Lonsdale & Latrobe St's if that's any help. It's a bit hard to dodge trams, cars and pedestrians and look at the BRT's (Big Red Trucks) at the same time.
  7. Keep an eyeout for a fire damaged auction of accessories. Well worth going to if you don't mind stuff at 90% off and slightly smelly. ;-)
  8. NOt sure I could buy a helmet with that burnt smell, might be a little overpowering. Could buy a pair of gloves and get Mrs Nodz to do her powder trick again...:LOL:
  9. Haa haa haa :D really?
    I just rang them this morning ask for my scooter repair!
    haa haa :D maybe that's why took so long to get the phone.

but they dont do my model.
  10. where can I find it out?
  11. ohhhh......... even there's not a fire auction, still could be a out of fashion or discountiue line discount... haa haa haa :LOL: :LOL:
  12. Sounds like a GREAT deal for us Anosmics!!
  13. no good!

wasnt there another dealer that recently caught on fire in melb?

sounds a little dodge to me

14. Also a great deal for a firefighter that rides :D

My b/f picked up some of the gear from the Peter Stevens sale, good stuff with even better prices. Most of it just had soot on the packages and a little bit of smoke smell (our firefighting gear smells heaps worse)

15. Fire sale, Fire sale :shock: :LOL: :D