Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fire at Mars leathers... might have cheap stuff for sale!

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Caz V1, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Yesterday afternoon, at work in the city, we lost all phone lines and internet. Made balancing up for the day and invoicing customers very difficult. Our main server is in the Yamaha City store a few doors down from Mars leathers. I learned that there was an electrical fire at the rear of Mars leathers that had caused the outage. 4 fire trucks and a heck of a lot of water, I wonder if they will have any water damaged stock going cheap.
    I hope the phones and internet are back up and running now, I'm off to work to find out.

2. That would explain all the fire trucks in Lt Lonsdale St yesterday arvo.

3. All that burnt leather,,,would smell like your mums roast beef on Sunday!
    I'll give em a miss. Don't want the next door neighbours dog sniffin me every morning!... :grin:

4. Wow, that's cold :shock: A place has a fire and all you're worried about is cheap gear :p :grin:

Didn't they have a fire there a few years back as well?? I'm sure I went to one somewhere near there. Damn dodgy wiring. :evil:

5. Yeah I always thought some of the guys working there flamed somewhat given they always wanted to measure your inseam if you went in to buy a pair of gloves... :LOL:

6. Wasn't that Peter Stevens that had a big arsed fire? I was heading home to North Melb, and trams were stopping at Vic markets, fire trucks were blocking Elizabeth Street. That must have been 2004-2005.

7. still waitin if they are selling things for cheap?