Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Finding old races to watch

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by DVC, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone out there knows of any way I could watch old 500cc GP and MotoGP races. I only started watching religiously from about 2004 and I would love to see some of the great racers and machines doing their thing during the 80's and 90's.

I've looked on the official MotoGP website but as far as I can tell they only have highlights packages from the races. Ideally I'd like to pick a season and be able to sit down over the course of a few weeks and watch every premier class race flag to flag.

Is there anyone out there who releases DVDs of that kind of thing?

2. www.dukevideo.com.au has dvd's of motoGP / 500 seasons back to 1984. They are $40 each though.. I'm sure if you searched the titles on the net, you'd be able to find them cheaper.

3. If you know your way around torrents, this website is a treasure trove of motor racing goodness! www.racing-underground.com They have a MotoGP category (and categories for most other motor sports) and has lots and lots of older 500cc races.

4.  Top
  5. Wow, thanks for that!