Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by JtS, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Alright….here goes.

I’ve been lurking around for over a year now! :shock:
    Netrider inspired me to finally get my Ls, provided a wealth of information that assisted in the purchase of my first bike (my faithful VTR250), and reassured me when it came time to get my licence.

I’ve learned a great deal about bikes, gear, and riding. I’ve laughed my arse off, been brought to homicidal levels of anger, and generally enjoyed myself.

What I haven’t done is participate. I feel as though I’ve taken plenty, but have yet to give anything in return. I’m a procrastinator, and generally lazy-as when it comes to these things. The aim of this post and, hopefully, the hundreds to follow, is to change that.

About Me: I’m 26, live in Carlton, and have been riding for about a year now. Restrictions come to an end at Christmas, and I’m already making plans, changing them, and making new ones for the upgrade (more on that later).

Apart from participating in the forums, I’m keen to get involved in group rides, coffee nights, etc. Despite my best efforts, none of my mates ride (most under pain of death). I’d like to get out there more often, and share my passion for riding with like-minded souls.

I suppose what I’m really trying to say is: HI! :grin:
  2. About freakin time, gday :grin:
  3. Welcome

There's no turning back now
  4. Yeah, welcome to the participation side of Netrider. As a long-term lurker, you know what to expect, so don your flame-suit and wade into the fray :LOL:.
  5. Welcome, JtS :grin:

Can't believe you took a whole year to succumb to our charms ~ you should have known resistance was futile :wink:
  6. gday

nice friendly people here :grin:
  7. Hi JtS, and welcome!
    I'm not far away from you (in Brunswick). Wasn't you on the black VTR in Rathdowne st this morning was it? :grin:
  8. Thanks for the warm welcome all. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :grin:

Really sums up the delay. The thing is, now I've figured out that Netrider is procrastination from work... :woot:

It wasn't me. I work in the city, and live on the city edge of Carlton, so no riding for me on weekday mornings. Same bike though!
  9. Hi JtS

Welcome to the forums.

10. Nah, thats just the Scotch in your morning coffee. I get that feeling too.

Anyways WELCOME!. from a fellow newbie!
  11. welcome finally.....and i thought i took my time makin up my mind bout things.....