Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Finally scratched an old itch

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by DuzzT, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Hi all. New to Netrider and I thought I'd say hi.

Firstly I have to say that since joining Netrider I've read a lot of posts and I must say that it's awesome to read sooo many stories of happy riders and their experiences.

As this is my first post, I'll try and keep my story short and sweet.

So my story starts with migrating to Australia back in 2003.

I've been a rider since I was 14 (31 now). After being told my overseas licence was not convertible back in '03, I was forced to conform with getting a car licence for work etc.

A colleague at work who went through the same scenario with VicRoads recently told me my licence could now be converted as he just got his done and off I went to VicRoads and then to Ridetek to do my tests and I got my full licence with no restrictions about 2 months ago. Prior to getting my licence converted I was constantly browsing the net searching for LAMS bikes thinking I would have to start from scratch. Now that I had a full licence, the searching was frantic as the choice pool opened up. I then started popping in to dealerships in Melb. CBD and also the suburbs. Netrider helped a lot too.

This was when I found my new pride and joy. I went in to Peter Stevens in Dandenong and put a deposit down on a 2016 Matt Gray Star Stryker. I did not test ride this elegant piece of machinery but I knew I wanted this bike from the moment I saw it and after waiting for all the paperwork to be completed, it got delivered today. Tomorrow starts a new chapter. Hopefully Melbourne's weather is kind to me.

So thanks for reading, hopefully I didn't bore you too much and safe riding to everyone out there. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you in the near future.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Howdy & Welcome to NR!

That's one nice bike you picked yourself up!
  3. Congrats on the new bike and getting back on two wheels
  4. Wow..Nice bike. And congrats..

Come on down to the Saturday practice and say hello...
  5. Tnx Jaytee. Not going to get much sleep tonight hehe
  6. Thank you. This proves I'm a noob hehe. Where's Saturday practice? Hehe
  7. just set up a swag in the garage next to her
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Welcome to NR and congrats on the new ride :)
    Some beautiful Vic roads and future riding buddies await.
  9. Tnx Heaps. I'll post again tomorrow after I've taken her out for a ride hehe
  10. Thank you. And your right about our roads. I've got a few close mates at work who ride too so now I'll keep an eye out for meets etc. anything to go for a ride :)
  11. Welcome.

Lots of silly grins on Netrider tonight!!!!
  12. welcome aboard :) nice ride
  13. welcome to Netrider DuzzT .....nice bike you have there! (y)
  14. Tnx everyone for the warm welcome. I'm starting to feel at home already. Tnx also Lazy Libran for the meet address. I'll definitely try and make it if I can get out of work a little earlier.