Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Finally, my track bike is ready!!

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by removed-6, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Yep, I've been biting my tongue, waiting so I can show as well as tell. Here she is, my track bike in the making. 2005 GSXR600. Bought from the auctions with pretty much just front cosmetic damage, instrument cluster missing, and a few minor scrathes on the back half and tank. Perfect for what I want to do with it. And it's RED so it's gonna be fast! :grin:

2. mmm Red! Ya gunna streetfighter or restore?? :cool:
  3. :wink: :grin:
  4. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
  5. Awesome man, been thinking of doing the same thing. how much did that set you back?
  6. nice

nice red bike mate,sorry i wasnt @ home wen u popd over with the trailer,had to sort stuff out wif the truck.
    wens track day??? :grin:
  7. $3700 + $300 in fees etc for Fowles.

Gman, track as soon as I work out what bits I need and get them. Not long I would guess as I've sourced many already. :wink: Will let you know when.
  8. pretty damn good price... wouldn't be that good if you wanted to road it though, but for a trackie, in which you'd do a whole heap of work on it anyway, they've already done the disassembly already for you! :cool:
  9. stunt > track :cool:
  10. I could easily get this back in road trim for under $7k all up, the cheapest one on bikesales was over $10k still.

edit: Just had a look and the Yoshi carbon pipe is nearly $1000 by itself! :grin:
  11. Checked the fluids and charged the battery this morning and she fired up first kick to a nice smooth idle :grin:

Now.................where's that track day calender? :wink:
  12. Hey, thats a sweet ride, Good idea to get a track bike so you can bin it all you want. Im now a bit apprehensive about taking the new hotness out on the track. Was gonna keep the Kwacka for that but we cant afford to keep all of these bikes ( VTR 1000 still for sale $7500 ono :wink: ) Shaun and I wont be down there ( P.I) till later this year now, sept / oct ?
  13. Very nice mate.. A flash of red going past is what we want to see on the track :cool:
  14. Another bike to drool over at the track. Great stuff Triway! :)

You going to Southbank coffee this Friday night? I am. :grin: haha...got something for you ;) :LOL:
  15. Cool. Sound slike a good deal you have there.

Can always stunt it too..... :p
  16. Well I've been a busy little boy, getting little bits here and there and am nearly done.

Carbon fairing stay

Cut off the damaged part of the Yoshi and made it into a shorty, sounds good!

Wheels are being straightened, new front tyre is on the way, race glass is on the way also. now I need to decide on a colour scheme. Any suggestions?
  17. Is that a joiner link in the chain in the second pic? I thought they were frowned on these days :?
  18. Yeah I think so, what's wrong with them?
  19. Dunno, they used to be standard before the days of hi-tech o and x-ring chains, but I thought they were frowned upon for performance bikes. Not criticising, just showing my age :oops:.
  20. You're likely to have a few chains with a few sprockets for your track baby, so the clip joiners are convenient. Not sure if they're a big no-no, I dont have that much horsepower. :grin:

Rolling it backwards off the trailer or whatever, you should check that the clip is still secure. It can be knocked off by the chain guard when it's going the wrong way.