Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Finally, my 2011 BMW F650GS

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by troyxlr8, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Hey Guys,
    After having a G650 on order for so long, I decided to bite the bullet and pay the extra to get the F650. Im so glad I did, for the extra 2500 its so much more bike, fuel gauge, ABS, temp, tyre pressure just to name a few options..

first weekend has passed and Ive already done 600km's lol.. One thing I found BMW don't really move on pricing or anything, I got a whole $500 off but the rider incentive atm was $1500 worth of rider gear so that made up for a jacket n summer pants..

So comfy and it feel really versatile, It feels like a sports bike on the twisty's, but stand up on her off road n she holds her ground nicely!

I'm new to the forum as well, so if anyone has any adventure riding tips n stuff, please feel free to send them my way!

Attached Files:

2. Hi Troy, welcome to the forum. I like the look of these but am keen on the f800! Still lots of fun to be had on either im sure!
  3. Welcome to the forum, Troy

There IS a separate Adventure section of the forum, it used to be bee-hive busy but it's been a bit quiet of late, get over there and get some action going :LOL:
  4. nice...
    I'm one for an all rounder kinda bike.....:LOL:
  5. Nice bike Troy, I have ridden one and they are brilliant bikes. I have been tempted to buy one for a while now, but not sure the wife would let me add a 4th bike to the stable! Please give us an update in a few months from now and let us know what you have done, where you have been and how it has worked out for you. I might trade the GS500 for one yet.
  6. Nice looking bike their mate.......
  7. I like that... nice looking bike man :D