Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Finally, made a choice and bought a bike.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by slik50, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Guys,

I finally did it. I have been trying to figure out what kind of bike to buy, and in the end I wnt with the GS500F. (I'll post pics as soon as it arrives next week). Also I have no connection with the dealerships I mention in this post.

I had looked at the Hyo (stigger and his mates frightend me away from this one). Then it was down to the GS500F or the CB400.

In the end the arrogance of the Honda dealers made the choice for me. I could not find a dealer that would let me test ride one without committing to buy it. Also they could not do better than $1300 for dealer delivery and on road costs.

Then I found an ad for the GS500F at $7394 Drive away at Team moto in Brisbane. When I called them the salesman (Steve) explained that the ad was a mistake and was for the GS500 Naked not the faired model. As I was about to really tee off on him his next sentecnce floored me. "Well, It looks like you are going to get a really cheap bike!!!"

The final hurdle was the fact that I live in Canberra, Steve agreed to ship the bike to Canberra for $450 and give me the discount for the rego and stamp duty in QLD that was not required (he made it clear the bike would arrive ready to ride with the predelivery completed though). It all fell into place given I am in Brisbane on holiday this week so could pay in person.

I could not be happier. After shipping I think I will only save about $200 on the best deal I could find in Canberra but it was a pleasure to deal with this particular dealership. They even accepeted credit card for full payment of the bike. In all this is the most pleasant experience I have had buying any motor vehicle. Steve answered all my stupid questions and could not have helped more.

It's been a long wait but I'm there...... finally. :grin: :grin: :grin:

I'll let you know what it's like when I get to ride it.

2. Woo hoo ... congrats.

I am the very proud owner of a 2008 GS500F. I had no prior road experience (only trail bikes as a kid when I could get my brother off our bike) and I love it.

Looking forward to seeing the pics :grin:
  3. shit, whats your credit limit? Lol, congrats on the purchase.
  4. Congratulations, gr8 deal Rob... enjoy it & be safe :)

Also, beta to put up pics ASAP b4 the pic police find u & beat u down :-#
  5. Nice one, enjoy the ride
  6. Congrats! Nice bike, well done on the deal!
  7. Congrats on the bike, but 20%+ interest rates will hurt unless you can pay it off quick
  8. Nice pic of bike. Enjoy it :grin:

9. what angle are you looking from?
  10. oops wrong thread!
    Was tired last night, ment to comment on a different GS500F with pics!

Moderators can remove my posts :(
  11. Congratulations.
    You got yourself a good deal. I picked one up 2 months ago in syd for 8500 on the road. Nice bike to ride, but after 2 months it doesnt feel as quick as it use to. Plus I find becuase of the upright seating position on it you get alot of wind resistance when riding on the freeway. I guess im just itching to get on a sports bike.
  12. Congrats mate, glad to see you're happy with your ride :p

Now for the fun part..... riding the beast! :twisted: