Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Finally i'm here

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by sher, Jan 17, 2006.

1. It took me a bit but thanks to my most wonderful man who gave me lots of encouragement, pointers in the carpark and "just get on the fricken bike" words I finally am out there with him on the road. How estatic I am to be riding. So I did my L course a few weeks back now and packed my pants, I totally thought riding wasn't my "thing" and was way sad at being so nervous and plain crap at it but from all the posts that everyone here has put in about first ride anxiety and the how to get over it and with Vani's help a longing has been fulfilled and I couldnt be any happier. Great to be in here, great to be out there. :grin: oh and more thx to vani or letting me hire purchase the aquilla :LOL:

2. Sounds like a win-win-win situation, sher!
    Welcome to the public part of Netrider, and do keep us up-to-date with your "newbie" adventures :grin:
  3. Congrats & well done Sher :wink:
  4. Yea Sher :applause: :applause: :applause:

You know your totally hooked now.... for ever....

Great eh!

5. Congratulations! I'm currently 'surrounded' by people who seem to want to ride but won't for one reason/excuse or another. It's great to see someone bite the proverbial bullet despite their apprehensions. Enjoy! :grin:
  6. Well done Sher, with a bit of experience youll be thinking what was i worried about, im new to riding too and i just love it !
  7. WOW im finally a ''lurker" woohoo!! :grin:
  8. great job
    stay upright an enjoy it :)
  9. thx all, I have been way hooked since the first time I sat on Vani's bike. Those nerves are a killer and still get me at times but ride by ride I figure they will go and that feeling of ecstasy when i'm on the road does make me think "what the hell was I worried about?". I never knew the thrill of riding (being one of those wannabe's!) and never knew such a culture like this existed- ITS FANTASTIC !!!
  10. Congrats, sher. Nice part of the worlds you are in for riding, too. But the counterbalance to that is you have to share a road with JJ.
  11. yes it certainly is great down here and having Vani living up north whilst im down south make for some long trips ahead!! I only picked the bike up on the weekend and we did a fair few km's up the north end though a few windy country roads which was sweet as but when we went our seperate ways at Perth and it was straight down the blowy midlands highway I wasnt all that loving it !!
  12. Great to see you are on here now sher,
    I cant wait till the weekend when we can discover some more roads and you can test the limits of your new aquila.
    You won't learn if you don't try...