Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

finally got my bike! =)

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by nibor, Aug 23, 2007.

1. after a long time looking, and alot of late nights on netrider ( :grin: ), i finally bought myself a shiny new(ish) VTR250!!

had the bloke ride it round last thurs night, i wasnt too keen on my first ride being in peek hour traffic, but meh. took it for a couple of small cruises round the local backstreets to get used to the feel of everything, then eventually ventured further and further.

having done 600km already, im now beginning to become one with the bike, but still manage a stall here and there, or maybe 3 in a row when in the middle of 3 lanes, at the traffic lights, and only just maknig it through the amber, leaving a long line of pissed off cages :cool: :LOL: :LOL:

i cannot wait to get out and meet other riders and go on some rides, try and learn some more and hopefully avoid bad habits.

oh, and here she is :grin:

bike001.

and for those distracted by the background,

bike002.

almost forgot....
    WOOOOT!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

2. Swweeeet. :)

3. tis a bit of a looker. but i like em black :wink:

4. Nice looking bike Nibor....but don't get ahead of yourself, mate...you're no where near becoming "one with the bike". (maybe you meant that you are starting to become comfortable with the bike)...
    Anyways...keep at it...keep your wits about you, and begin the lifelong study of learning to ride a bike. :)

5. The VTR 250's are a fantastic bike.

Listen to what Raven has to say. He knows his stuff.

Looking at those pics, there appears to be small htings wrong with your bike.

1. They sound much better with an aftermarket pipe; and
    2. They look way cooler in BLUE!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Enjoy the bike!

6. Most impressive. I want one! :grin:

7. ....and about time too :LOL:

Congrats mate, super choice; now get working on that pipe ASAP! :grin:

8. haha yeah, ill definately agree "getting comfortable" is a much better phrase there, i know i have ALOT to learn :)
    oh and cambo, yak, how bouts we all pay for the pipe together? id get it much sooner then :grin:

nah i need a rack and bag first, then a screen and a can. eventually :grin:

and blue??? you have issues :p :cool: :LOL:

9. VTR250s are great looking bikes. And they look even better in black.

10. Nice one Nibor, only problem is they gave it the undercoat and forgot the topcoat :wink: Enjoy!

PS Red ones go faster

11. i got the exact same photo of my bike on tourist road :p will upload later lol