Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Finally got a Test Ride...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by tmg, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Well it's been quite a while since my last post, so I thought I may as well tell all you people like I have told everyone else too that...

...I got my unrestricted license and I went to have a look at the new "Pro Honda" bike shop in currumundi, and spotted a very nice Suzuki SV650 Naked Road Bike and just knew I had to give it a go.

Unfortunatly I had to go home and get some jeans and shoes to do it... So I did that and raced back down the bruce to get there ASAIC (As Soon As I Could), and got a jacket and helmet to use for the test ride.

Since I've only just started riding I had to get used to the clutch and brakes and throttle and consiously relax my arms which will hopefully happen without me thinking as I get better and more confident in my riding ability...In other words I snuffed it a couple of times during the ride, but other than that, farout it was great! I am wanting an SV650 so bad now coz i know how good they really are.

They got heaps of grunt and don't wheelstand when you get up it which is what I want - no wheel standing - and felt very comfortable with my height in terms of reach to the bars and sitting position, I was heaps comfy. We went around the residential estate in currumundi and I had a ball.

So I have decided that once I can get a loan I am gonna get an SV650, unless something else makes me salivate before then. :grin: