Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Finally got a bike.

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by Clayt0nB, Sep 5, 2013.

1. I swear there used to be a section where people would post about their new bikes but I can not seem to find that! I don't think I am talking about showcase either.

Anyway, After a long, long time I have finally gotten myself a bike.

Its funny how I spent so much time looking at bikes when I could never by one but once I had the ability to buy one my views changed completely.

Long story short, I ended up buying a CBR250R 2011. It seemed like the most logical purchase because it it much newer then the other stuff I was looking at and just seemed to tick more of the boxes. CBR250R was never at the top of any of my lists but I realized my lists were dumb, they were theoretically logical, when it came to the real world, things were different.

Anyway enough rambling, I am so happy with the bike, been riding every day, couldn't ask for more. I was waiting till my brother came and took some professional shots of the bike but I don't think he is coming so all I have for now is a shot from my phone.

If anyone is on the Sunshine Coast, I would love to go for a ride with some of you.

1269272_10201004427727508_467175012_o.

2. Looks like a beauty, ride safe (and fast) ;-)

3. Well done and enjoy

4. How long do you mean by "this long"

And no, It took me about 2 weeks to find that, because once I had the money/ability to buy a bike, I saw everything different to the years I just spent imagining a bike.

5. Is it brand new or used ? How much ??

6. 2011, has 9000K's on it, never been dropped.

7. I've always found the pogo stick forks on these bikes amusing, but still they are a good bike. Enjoy Clayt0nB...

and don't listen to the haters.. They're just jealous they haven't got a lams bike to bring to the learner rides.

8. Congrats mate! Ride safe

9. Haha I know what you mean. I am pretty light though so the suspension is pretty good.

10. Nice choice. I have a 2011 Red CBR250r, fantastic bikes! I love the tri-colour too :)

11. At 60, Do you sit in 5th or 4th?

I have looked at the torque graphs but it seems so comfortable at 5k rpm.

12. Mine seems comfortable at 5-6000rpm, seems to be it's sweet spot. 4-5000 sounds like its struggling. Im in...hmm...4th at 60, 5th at 80, 6th at 100 I think! (Don't quote me on that but, I haven't really paid attention in ages lol)

13. Yeah I was like 4/5 at 60, 6th at 80. But when I want the power I drop a gear so I know it really gets going at 7-9k.

Cruising along it just seems to go really well in 5th at 60, 6th at 80